Friday, January 09, 2009

Bath Time

Bath time is my favorite time of the day with Will. Nothing is better than the yummy smell of a clean little baby! We officially give Will a 'big boy' bath now with no cushions or extra support. We transitioned him from his cushy thing to just a anti-slip mat (that he now hates) and now just sits in the tub like a big boy. He LOVES it! I usually end up walking out of the bathroom soaked from all his splashing though. We have also decided he is going to be a swimmer, the kid loves to kick!





Will has also recently decided that Mom and Dad don't really need sleep at night anymore. He has slept through the night pretty well for months now but this last few weeks has been wanting to play at night.



Any ideas all you Mommy's out there? We have tried a lot of different things but want to know what works for you. He still naps for a few hours in the day but that hasn't changed. We tried to add cereal to his milk at night but that gives him MAJOR gas! We have tried feeding him solids then a bottle but that doesn't seem to work either. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ideas for sleeping through the night? Well, as I recall Michol was mostly awake at night ready for anything from 6 months to 18 years old! Good luck! I think I have a photo of Michol with that same look on his face in his crib.

Tyra said...

My kids never slept through the night until after one year and they were done nursing (in his case bottle drinkin) its like they realize there is no reason to wake up anymore.

luke and kourt said...

I love him peekin' through the crib bars...hey sometimes I'm a night owl too...

THE MARRIAGE BIZ said...

I am actually SO happy that you said that!! All of my kids have done that about 9 months. It was torture to me!!! I finally went to 3 pediatricians ( I was SO tired). I actually had to let them cry so they knew it was bedtime and NOT playtime. I hope that it is easier for you than it was for me. I would just lay in my bed and cry!

Shannon said...

AHHH. I really like Granny Sissy's comment above. You really have your hands full with Will if Michol is his father. It's true when you parents say I hope you have a child just like you!!! Crying it out is what everyone told me. I just couldn't do it with Preston and he slept with us til his was five!! Big mistake! Hey I like your i-pod music thing. Can I copy you?