Let me first say thanks for all the love and support we have felt the past few days. It is hard to believe it has only been 3 short days since our little guy decided to come, it feels like weeks have passed. We are so lucky to have such amazing friends and family that are there for us. We apologize for any unreturned calls, texts, or hurt feelings the past couple of days have been crazy. Lets get to the good stuff though!!
Mike has been amazing at updating the blog but he is missing a few of the specifics. William Garrett Scott (or Will for short) joined us on Wednesday April 30th at 4:14 PM. He weighed 6lbs 6ozs and is 19 1/2 inches long which is not bad at all for 5 weeks early! He is the most handsome little guy I have ever seen in my life!!! His personality is already well established and all the nurses love giving us his updates. He is very social and loves attention and being touched. When ever he gets fussy he often calms himself by rubbing his hands on his face (if you remember the ultra sound he has loved putting his hands in front of his face from the beginning) and loves to squirm around all the time! We finally get to hold him again and Will loves being held and cuddled and definitely gets this from his mommy. He also absolutely hates all his breathing and feeding tubes and pulls them out multiple times a day. The nurses have tried everything and he still manages to get them out somehow! I think he must get this from his daddy :)It has been really hard to leave him at the hospital (I came home Thursday night) but we know he needs to get a lot stronger before he can come home. The nurses at LDS are awesome and include us in so much though. Our favorite is what the Special Needs Nursery calls CARES. Every three hours we get to go and help take care of his daily needs. We get to change his diaper, check his temperature, feed him, and brush his hair. This is also when we get to hold him. It is my favorite part of the day and I look forward to every second I get to feel like more apart of his life. Will loves his dark thick hair getting brushed and is content to be in our arms. I look forward to him being healthy and being able to come home. It is rough but I am so thankful for Mike and his strength.
I promise to call when things settle down and we get him home so please don't get offended. For now the best way to keep update is our blog. We love you all so much!
5 years ago
3 comments:
I love all the pictures. You guys have gotten some great ones! Don't worry about making sure everyone is called and texted, that can wait, you need to recover and spend some time with that cute little guy. Any ideas how long will need to stay at the hospital?
Congrats Jamie! 6.6 is huge for five weeks premature! My friend just had her baby 5 weeks early and she was only 3.7. Try to take some time to let yourself recover...I know you are always anxious to be at the hospital but remember, he will need your strength when he gets home so spend some time sleeping!
His size is amazing! That is great news. He is so handsome, we will keep your family in our prayers.
Post a Comment