As some of you may know Jamie and I have been enjoying a crazy schedule of every three hours we either rush to the hospital or pump... ok so Jamie has been enjoying a crazy schedule! Anyway one of the results of this schedule is that it seems like weeks since William joined us because we come and go from the hospital so often. Our usual hospital attendance is: 8 AM, 2 PM, 5 PM, 8 PM & 11 PM. All shifts (except 2 AM, 5 AM, 11 AM). We go home in between and run some errands before returning. 8 PM & 11 PM usually allows us to sit in the cafeteria and work on some of the things outstanding. Jamie actually accomplishes things; I sit here and look at pictures of Will. I should of course be studying for my finals, but why right? :) Ok, so back to the point.
At our 5:00 PM session tonight we walked in and noticed Will didn't have any O2 flowing through his little nose pipes! We asked the nurse and she said he'd been off the air for the past few hours and was doing really well! They hadn't increased his O2 percentage beyond standard 21% we all breath, but Will has needed a bit of pressure to keep him breathing normal. Things appear fine now though; let’s hope he keeps it up! Additionally it had been about 18 hours since his last BM. When we left in the morning they were going to give him a suppository, luckily they couldn't find one and when they were finally ready to give it to him he had a surprise waiting. The nurses laughed at how heavy his diaper was. It's nice to know our boy is efficient and decides that why poop all day when you can have one massive diaper! He must get that efficiency trait from his mom.
So in summary he is progressing VERY WELL. He still needs to get rid of a bit of jaundice and they want to make sure he can start actually eating (he is fed through a tube presently) but otherwise is doing awesome.
Below is a little slide show I threw together from our morning visit. As Jamie would talk to Will he would respond amazingly well! His facial expressions tell it all! He would smile, look bewildered, and finally when mom got quiet he put his hand by his ear for her to speak up! Hope you all enjoy it!
5 years ago
5 comments:
Jamie- It's me Marianne from highschool, middleschool, elementary school, baseball, etc. I think you get the picture! I found your blog on Jodi's, so I hope you don't mind me taking a look! Congratulations on your little boy! He is so cute. I'm glad he was such a healthy weight! I hope everything continues to progress as well as it has so far!
He is adorable Jamie!! Wow, I've got to meet Michol, any man who will write a blog has got to be great!! You guys have one hectic schedule but I am so glad that he is slowly improving! I'll keep your family in my prayers! Miss you jamie
I love this little boy.
You guys! He is so beautiful. These close ups of his little face are precious. It's not fair, I want to hold him! Glad he is doing so well.
I am so glad that you guys updated your blog I was so excited to see him. He is so handsome. Glad to hear that he is doing so well. Congrats you two. We are coming your way next weekend so let me know if you are up to any visitors. We just wanted to stop by on our way to Salt Lake. Just let me know.
Post a Comment