Sunday, May 11, 2008

More Oxygen Please!


Since our last post Will is back on oxygen. It was literally the next day they had to put him back on. He is still just trying to completely develop his little lungs and it is hard to go in every day and see him still needing it. The doctor this morning was saying they might consider sending him home on it if he still needs it after he has everything else ready to go. This scares me like crazy! As if being new parents we aren't scared enough already!! But we know he still has a long way to go before they even consider this. Good news though, Will has started nursing! They moved him to a Stage 2 feeding (this is good) which means he gets to nurse every 6 hours instead of just receiving his food through his tube every time. This also means lots of time in Mommy's arms!! He is also completely off of his IV and putting on weight. I have decided for every ounce he gains I should automatically loose a pound, wouldn't that be nice! He gets to wear clothes now and he looks so dang cute in them. Will is also a little flirt and has many of the nurses switching assignments so they can take care of him. We love it! All in all things are going good and we look forward to the little improvements and strengths Will makes every day.
Thanks for all the love and support!
Jamie

5 comments:

Genessa said...

He is changing so much. What a beautiful baby. I am so glad to here that he is doing so good. I am so glad that you get to start nursing, the bond that you get with your baby is amazing.
Genessa

SherRon said...

What a cute baby. He looks like he is a fighter. Soon you'll be chasing him around the house. Hang in there both of you.

Aunt SherRon

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I'm so happy for you that you get to start experiencing the bond that nursing brings! Good Luck to you guys! And by the way Kirksville is exactly where we are! When was your sister here, and how did she like it?

Alisha said...

He is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a doll! He will be home before you know it and you'll be wishing you had brought home a few of those nurses for the late night/early morning feedings. Did I read someone mentioning Kirksville? Flashback! I was there 2001-2003 but have quite a few friends (residents wives) still there. Small world!