Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Don't Jinx It

So I am NOT going to repeat my same mistake as last time and say how healthy little Will is. We had our follow up with Infectious Disease yesterday and they said everything is looking good! They want to redo labs in a few weeks to make sure his white count continues to go up (just a precaution) and also suggest we have Will's hearing rechecked. Not only is there a possibility of fluid build up from all the meds and fluids he has been given so far in his short little life, but also the one antibiotic's (Gentamicin) can cause long term hearing problems. We are staying optimistic though and just happy to have William............you know the thing I cant say right now :) They removed the PICC line and this makes both Will and Mom very happy. Finally (after waiting 24 hours after removal) Will gets to have normal baths again! He is such a tough little guy and I am amazed every day at his determination to get better. If your curious like me about what exactly a PICC line is I took a pic to show everyone. It is really amazing to see what it is exactly and I am so grateful for the advancements in medicine today. I am also posting the video of the PICC removal. This time when we left Primary's we made sure to have a little talk with Will and asked him to wait a while before heading back to flirt with the nurses. Hopefully he listens this time! The past 4 months have flown by and Will is getting so big. I am wondering where my little baby boy went!

6 comments:

rach said...

wow he is a freakin rock star u go will!!! Jamie I miss u how are u doing? It's been way to long!!!

SherRon said...

He looks so big!! Glad to hear he has a clean bill of health. I'll keep him is my prayers. You need to come visit us in Heber sometime now that Will is better. Love you guys,

Mike Scott said...

Ok not to brag but my wife looks HOT in that picture! Love you sweetie!

Shannon said...

hey I don't like that poll off to the left of your blog. Of course Will is going to be fine without any trips to the hospital!!! I would never vote and say "no"! You guys are funny! Love you lots

Anonymous said...

Hip Hip Hurray! Go Sept, Go Sept, Go Sept!

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

Jamie,
Your little boy is so cute!! It sounds like he's doing better. I am so happy for you guys. I can't imagine going through everything that you have been through with your little boy. You are so strong and amazingly optimistic! I admire you so much for that. Next time you come to I.F. call me and we'll go to lunch or something.