Friday, August 29, 2008

Thanksgiving in August?

After looking back over my last few posts, I have decided enough of the Debbie Downer here. Sorry everyone! Instead of being so concerned about what goes wrong I NEED to focus on the positive. This week has been a really good week and I am so thankful when things stay non eventful! On Tuesday we were instructed to stop Will's meds due to his constantly low white count and are optimistic because this also means they are confident they have killed all the yuckies! We just have to flush the PICC line once a day and then hopefully at our follow up with Infectious Disease next Tuesday they will remove the line and send us on our way.

I am so lucky to have little William in my life and he has really showed me the important things in life. I have experienced so many raw emotions over the last 4 months and it has truly made me such a stronger person. I cannot imagine going through this without Michol and I am so glad life led us to each other. Looking back on different situations in life I can truly say the man upstairs was preparing me for Mike. Making sure I had to go through some tough things to truly appreciate such an amazing guy. Mike always has way too much to deal with and yet always seems to put our little family first. It amazes me every day.

Not to get all churchy but I have to express my gratitude for the guidance we have both received through all of Will's struggles. I am so unbelievable grateful for the priesthood and the true power that it can have. It has been so invaluable in little Will's life so far. It not only aided in keeping Will strong but it showed us the signs when he was getting sick both times. All the Doctors sat back in amazement at how fast "we" caught things and I know there was something more powerful helping us protect William. It scares me to think of what could have happened without the priesthood in our home. Every day I thank Heavenly Father for trusting us with William and giving us the opportunity to be his parents. I cant imagine anything more important to do in my life! Sorry y'all, you know I get irritated with people that always talk churchy but I just had to share a little with everyone.

Most of all thank you to YOU! If you are reading this you are a true friend and your love and support is more than words can ever express. We know we didn't always handle things perfect the last 4 months and are sure we offended some people but we just had to worry about us. Thanks for sticking it out with us. We love you and need you in our lives!

8 comments:

Keelee said...

Hey cute girl, thanks for sharing that, you are such an amazing girl and little Will is lucky to have you as his mom!! He is soooo cute!! I miss seeing you too.

Anonymous said...

You do have much to be thankful for, as do I for having such an awesome baby sister. You are amazing. Will is so lucky to have a mother and a father that love him so dearly and go to great lengths to keep him safe. He is a doll!

Genessa said...

Jamie churchy is ok. If it wasn't for our father and heaven we would not be here right know. Little trials like this really humble us, there is always a reason why the lord tries us. Your family will continue to be blessed for the faith that you have kept. Thanks so much for sharing this, it is always great to be reminded of the blessings we receive from being faithful. We sure do love you guys and continue to keep you in our prayers.

Nick and Mary Beth said...

Jamie your little boy is so handsome! Hang in there! I am proud of you that you have shown so much faith through this incredibly tuff time in your life! LUV your guts!

The Price Family said...

I am constantly amazed by the strength that you both have. Also what a strong little boy you have (he must get that from his parents) I can't believe how big he is getting. Keep up the good work, your such a great example.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

You guys amaze me! Every time I read about another trial that you have had to face, I wonder how I would survive that same thing! You have shown what an amazing family you have brought Will into! He is a lucky little boy. I too wish we could have met up while I was visiting Utah...but hey maybe we will live there next year!

SherRon said...

This litttle guy looks just like his Dad. Hang in there things can only get better from here on out. The next baby will be a breeze.

Anonymous said...

Will is getting so big. He looks so happy and healthy. He is so blessed to have you for a mommy!!