Life seems to get so busy when we make it out of the hospital and don't have the wonderful nurses to help out. Sorry for the delayed post! Little Will is doing good and adapting well to being home again. We got released late Saturday August 2nd and it is so nice to be home. We are back acting like doctors again and get to administer Will's meds via his PICC line once a day instead of every 6 hours like last time. It is much easier on Mom to say the least! On last Wednesday Will went back into PCMC for a Bone Scan which was a little scary because of the need to be sedated again. Will was so tough and didn't fuss too much despite not being able to eat for many hours before. Will did great and came out of the sedation much happier than he did after his PICC line. I am sure it was due to a lot less pain! Will and I got to spend the next 12 hours yet again in another wing of the hospital. This time we had free snacks though! Will was watched carefully until given the ok to be released at 2am Thursday morning. We were both a little tired and ready for our comfy beds waiting at home with Daddy.
So the results are in. The bone scan and the immune deficiency tests came back completely normal! So its a relief and a frustration all in one. We are so thankful it is neither of them but we still have no idea what caused the relapse. I am trying not to be super paranoid over every little whimper Will makes but it scary considering all that has happened. It is turning out to be rather difficult. This time the Infectious Disease Doctors at PCMC are monitoring Will VERY closely and running labs every week to check his progress. The Ear Nose and Throat specialists advise that if Will should ever have another neck infection that surgery is necessary to check out what's going on inside. We also get to see our Pediatrician once a week and its a good thing we love him so much!
We wanted to say thank you to our families and friends who have supported us so much throughout all of our ups and downs the past few months. We couldn't have made it without all of the many prayers and fasts in our behalf. We recognize the sacrifice and we just want you to know how much strength we received from them. We pray this is the last of the struggles for little Will for a while and are thankful every day that we have him in our life!
5 years ago
8 comments:
Hey Girly!
I just got home and sat down to catch up on life... I'm so glad he's home now and at least doing much better! I'll call and catch up sometime but for now keep me updated with the text!
Love ya, Ash
Glad to see that little Will is doing better. He is getting so big I can't believe how much he has changed. What a cute little boy.
He is so VERY hansom! I'm glad he is doing better... ok Will lets keep it that way, your mommy needs a break and just a normal life for a little while:)My thought are with you guys.
Jamie, you are a tough cookie as well as a sweet mommy. William emulates joy and happiness despite what's been goin' down. I love you.
Will is looking so good. Hang in there. The not knowing what is going on is hard. Did Stacy tell you about my friend ? Call me and I'll give you more details or send an e-mail. Love you all.
He's getting so big! I love that picture. I'm happy things are going well but we will continue to keep you in our thoughts.
I'm glad to hear things are going well! I hope everything gets figured out soon so that you can have that piece of mind! He is the cutest little guy ever!
Oh my jamie he is so beautiful, I can't wait to meet him. And so happy to hear he is home!
Post a Comment