Wednesday, September 17, 2008

CHUNKO!

We cannot believe how much Will is growing! I am really starting to wonder were our little baby went. At our final lab draw yesterday the Nurse said, "Oh what a cutie! How old is he? A year?" Okay seriously he is getting big but not that big crazy lady. As annoying as it is, I am so thankful for such a strong and big boy we have on our hands. He is so tough and I would much rather have a big healthy boy to keep me busy! Labs went good and Will's white count is FINALLY in the normal range. That means his body has bounced back from all the med's and sickness and he should be done with hospitals and labs for a while. Will also had his hearing rechecked yesterday and we are happy to report he passed! So everything appears to be normal and on track. We are so excited to have things be "normal" again.


Will is changing so fast and its hard for me to keep up! He still hates tummy time but is now rolling over and is discovering how fun it is to stand (with our help) and check out everything. He has been on solids now for 3 weeks (don't worry our Doc said its okay :) and boy can the little guy eat! He loves butternut squash, banana's, and avocado's but isn't a big fan of carrots or surprisingly rice cereal. I spend most of my day trying to entertain Will as he has inherited Mike's A.D.D. It is so funny the things I come up with. Will's latest fav is lying under the bunk bed and looking up at the 80's retro mattress. Its awesome! It keeps Will busy for a whole 15 minutes! Will has also started teething. He started pretty much the day after his PICC was removed. Crazy but true. He is doing pretty good so far though, what a tough little guy! I am so glad things appear to be over and we can finally move on with "normal" life. I still am kind of living in fear but am hopeful Will is done. Seriously how much more can the little guy go though. He is such a stud and makes me laugh every day. I love being a Mom and am so in love with my little boy!

10 comments:

Bryce and Lizzy said...

Lunch is for sure in order, you name the time and place and I will be there.So happy to hear Will is doing well. P.S. I LOVE chunky babies!

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon you will be getting used to "normal" days without the " "! How exciting!

SherRon said...

So what the heck are you feeding this kid. Keep it up he is a kid a want to squezze. We want you guys to come up domeitme. We are trying to get a fire pit done so come up and have a camp fire with us soon before the snow flies. Pretty soon he'll be running around.

Genessa said...

He looks so amazing Jamie. What are you doing with the solid foods. Did you try the way that I do it? I gave Bridger some canned sweet potatoes and he gagged. Apparently they don't taste the same. Are you guys going to come up for any of the holidays?

Mike Scott said...

BATMAN! Oh yeah, along with ADD he has his daddy's geekiness, I know it!

The Price Family said...

He is so stinkin' cute!

Whitni said...

He's smaller than his little counsin Ellie! And I'm pretty sure he has the cutest double-chin ever in the first picture! I'm going to miss him so much.

Chy said...

WoW! He is super cute! I hope things stay normal for you guys so whatever your doing KEEP DOING IT!!!

the heiner family said...

I LOVE big babies...and I must say that Will is one freakin' adorable big baby! I really think he looks so much like you Jamie...how cool is that!

Alisha said...

He looks so good! I am so glad that he is doing so well. BATMAN? Taylor is a Superman fan, but I guess Batman is ok:) Will makes a good Batman.