Monday, November 24, 2008

Wolfmother

For 11 months Jamie and I have been just like Milton from Officespace. We were on the activities committee but the only the bishop and us knew that. Thus we had a calling but no responsibility. It was a thing of beauty. People would ask us about the upcoming activity and we would share all the details from the recent flyer as if we knew something they didn't. We would be congratulated for work we didn't do and never had to report to anyone. It was like being a CFO, my dreams had come true!

Well as we all know all good things come to an end. The Christmas party was upon us and the committee leaders asked who was on the committee. The dream came to an end and we were once again given responsibility. We were ok with this because Jamie learned early on to volunteer for the easy things (we design flyers REALLY well). We were going to make it through this activity with minimal work. Unfortunately the bishop had other plans (why in the world did we go to church for 5 weeks straight?).

So, to the point of this post, Jamie and I have new callings. Jamie is the esteemed den mother. I am the new Gospel Essential teacher. It is a thing of beauty. We are really excited for the new callings.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

We weren't actually THAT bad with our last callings on the activities committee :) We did end up doing ALL the dishes at the last Christmas party.

SherRon said...

Jamie I was a den mother all through scouts with Dakota so I have tons of stuff. I'll find it and you can look it over sometime. The trick is to make it simple and have fun.

luke and kourt said...

Jamie, you'll make an awesome den mother, even though, I know you make awesome flyers...

Alisha said...

That's what you get for going to church 5 weeks in a row:) It only took Taylor and I 3 weeks in a row to get our callings. You will both do a great job!!