Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Did I sign up for this??!!!


So after reviewing how I spent my day yesterday I have to sit back and laugh. I spent every minute taking care of my little guy and went to bed exhausted. Here is how my day went: Every hour and a half or so was spent feeding Will, apparently he is STARVING all the time and some days its tough to keep up! If I wasn't feeding William I was changing his diaper and most likely getting peed on. Who knew we could go through a jumbo pack of diapers in just a few days. Feel free to drop off diapers any time people, chances are we need them! It is always a battle to keep his oxygen on and I tried everything in the book to keep it tapped on yesterday. No such luck though because it was off every time I turned around! In between keeping his tummy full, his bum clean, and breathing I was changing Will's outfit constantly for one reason or another. He wore everything he has in one day! It was so crazy! So this is how he ended up, stripped down to a diaper and enjoying every naked minute! As I lay in bed pondering the days events I couldn't help but smile. If you know me and know me well you should know what a dedicated and hard working person I am and I can say I have had some pretty insane hard days. But nothing compares to yesterday! However, I drifted to sleep feeling the most content and fulfilled I ever have for such a hard days work. I LOVE being a Mom and I am so glad I can experience all that it encompasses. It is so amazing!

5 comments:

Genessa said...

Hey Jamie I remember those days. It will get easier I promise. I still change his outfit many times a day. When he goes he goes no holding back. Glad to see your enjoying motherhood.

Erika Kiel said...

Hi Jamie! Congrats on your cute little guy! I am glad he is doing so well! Having a preemie is rough, but you don't need me to tell you that! It's fun to see your blog and feel free to check out mine! Kielfam.blogspot.com. OH, and don't worry. Like Genessa said, it really does get easier.

Erika Kiel said...

Oh yeah, this is Erika (Johnson) Kiel, btw :)

Anonymous said...

How could you do anything but smile looking at that precious little face. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Jamie,

This is Jessica. William looks so cute in the picture. Can't wait to see him in real life instead of in pictures. Hope he gets feeling better by the time we move. See you soon.

Jessica