I was lucky enough to get invited with the Houghton ladies for a girls trip at Dale and SherRon's second home in St George this week. I was so excited that I could actually make it since they invite us a lot and things never seem to work out. Stacy and Whitni were going to go too but they both ended up sick so I made the trip solo. Will and Emmie were pretty good on the drive down but it was a little challenging doing that long of a drive on my own! We stopped in Cedar City to see my cousin Samantha and it was the perfect little break. I wish we would have had more time to spend there but regardless it was so nice to see her!
We made it to the house just in time for dinner and a quick swim before bedtime. The house is so nice and such a perfect getaway especially with the pool. Will was so excited!
The best part about this trip is that we literally had nothing planned so I was able to meet up with a few friends that I never get to see. Wednesday morning the kids and I went to Menchies with my adorable friend Kourtney. It was so fun getting to catch up with her and just talk for a bit. I always seem to be texting her asking where things are in St George so it was nice to actually have time to see her! We headed back to the house and spent the day swimming and relaxing together. The best part of spending time with the Hougton's is never feeling like an outsider and just feeling apart of the fam! It truly is amazing :).
Pool time!
Will, Emmie, Heather, SherRon, and Alisha
Will was in heaven!
Emmie & Mason
Thursday I was able to meet up with a friend I haven't seen for over 10 years! I was excited to get together with my friend Kristen and meet her adorable girls at her gorgeous house! She was like a big sister to me at my first job ever (shout out to Robyn Todd!) and one of those people you can just pick up where you left off without any awkwardness. We had such a fun time catching up and her hubby Bret made it home in time to say hi as well. I cant wait to do it again!
Friday morning it was time to head home and Will and Emmie decided to wake up at 5am, 5AM! So I kept the kids in my room and got all my stuff packed up before anyone in the house was even awake. I helped clean up and then started the trek back home. It was such a fun break and I loved everything about the trip. I felt so at home and relaxed and it was definitely a fun week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment