A few months back at our wards youth auction we won a weekend trip to St George with our awesome neighbors Ross and Carmen! We were so excited to get out of town and have some time just with each other for some much needed alone time. I was very nervous to leave Emmie since this was the first time I have left her over night but I knew Will would be a big help and that they both with have a lot of fun with Gammy Stacy and Aunt Whitni.
We dropped the kids off friday afternoon and headed on our way to St George. I think we were all shocked at how much of Utah was on fire with all of the crazy fires right now. It was seriously insane and felt like a scene from a movie or something. Here are a few cell phone pics we snapped:
We got into St George just in time for dinner so we grabbed a bite and then headed to the condo. We dropped the boat off and then decided to try and catch a movie at a nearby theater. We weren't really into any of the movies they had so we snagged a Redbox and snacks for a movie at home instead. We ended up renting This Means War and both Mike and I loved it. It was really funny! Its funny how I honestly haven't stayed up late to watch a movie in seriously forever!
We slept in on Saturday until 9am (whoot woo!) and then got some breakfast and headed to the lake. It was such an unusual but fantastic day of boating! We literally didn't do a thing but swim and relax. It was so fabulous! I can't remember the last time I could just sit and do that so it was such a great break from real life for me. We laughed a lot and had some great conversation with Ross and Carmen.
My handsome hubby :)
Mikes muscle shirt :)
We headed back to the condo that evening and played games and had a fun night hanging out. We slept in again (9:15 this time, haha) and then loaded up and headed home. It was such a great break and even though I missed Will and Emmie like crazy it was so good for me to getaway for a few days. Will and Emmie were both so excited to see us and I haven't got that many hugs and cuddles from Will and in a long time! I would like to think they missed me but I am grateful Gammy Stacy and Aunt Whitni kept the kids so entertained and took such great care of them :). Here is a pic Whitni posted on Instagram of our handsome Mr Will:
It was such a great getaway but it sure feels great to be home!





0 comments:
Post a Comment