Monday, July 16, 2012

Girls Camp 2012 {flaming gorge} Day 1

I have been so excited for girls camp this year since last year I had to miss it since Emmie was just a few weeks old.  This year was Ward Camp so we headed to Flaming Gorge with our girls and set out for a fun week!

Setting up tents was a challenge:

Seriously our view is gorgeous!

Tish, Heather, and Lori

Our camp theme this year was pirates and our camp directors Jessica and Janet had a blast at the camp kickoff!

After we got the girls sorted into their tents we headed to the lake to "walk the plank" aka cliff jump and swim.  It was so hot so we were all very excited to get into the water!

I think most of the girls, leaders, and bishopric were shocked I just went for it and wasn't scared at all.  Thanks to all the Lake Powell jumps I have done with Mike I knew I just had to go for it :).  It was so much fun!

Me jumping off the 30 ft cliff

Chalyse, Me, Allie

Kaylee, Allie, Me

Our fabulous YW President Tish is very afraid of heights and was so scared to make the jump.  She was shaking so bad and even crying at one point as I tried to talk her through doing it.

She is such a rock star though and finally did it!  All the girls were so excited and screamed like crazy!

Tish was pretty ecstatic too!

We have such a great group of girls and there are so many girls that it just makes things so much fun!

Everyone gathered for FHE
For our FHE activity we did the iron rod object lesson and even though the girls have done it before everyone still had such a great spiritual experience.  I loved watched the girls go through my section and seeing how they approached it and handled themselves.  Some girls had no fear and just went for it while others were very timid and waited for the little promptings to help them.  But the best part by far was at the end when our YW president Tish welcomed each girl with a huge hug!
Brother Kilpack & Jessianne

Brother Lythgoe & Aitana

Tish & Alicia
Such a great ending to a great first day of camp!  

0 comments: