We started today out even earlier since we had our reservations for going up inside the Washington Monument at 9am. The Metro was empty, which was kinda nice for a change!

Washington Monument is so huge!

The weather was even worse today!

Inside the Washington Monument:

Our lovely view:

Okay so our view was pretty bad because of the rain!
But we still liked it:

Then we spent a few hours at the
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum. It was honestly pretty disturbing. I am glad we went, but I cant get a lot of the graphic images out of my mind. It is hard to believe that people actually went through that and were able to survive. I think if I had experienced this museum before I had Will, it wouldn't have affected me as much. Things just change when you imagine having to watch your child suffer the way they did. My favorite part was at the end of the exhibit they had a video playing with clips from survivors telling there story. I cried and cried. The whole thing shook me up a lot.
Then we went to the
Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
TMNT:

I loved this, Are YOU missing from this picture?


Mike followed the rules:

This was funny:

Get it? Cuz Mike is a 'traveling salesman'. Ha ha guess ya had to be there!
Wow I posed pretty darn close!

And old Peterbuilt:

(just for you Dad :)
And the Ruby Slippers:

(just for you Mom :)
We also got to see a bunch of other really cool things: Julia Child's kitchen, Kermit the frog, tons of old cars, trucks, trains, and boats, First Ladies Dresses, The Star Spangled Banner (the original flag that inspired the song), and the list goes on and on!
Then it was off to the National Archives:


Soo cool to see!
We found a wish pond and made a wish for all of us:


Then decided to check out Chinatown:

Mike's GQ pose:



Chinatown was kinda waste of time when you compare it to the San Fran Chinatown. Definitely not a must see if your headed to DC.
T0day was another super busy day and we are beat! Night night!
0 comments:
Post a Comment