Saturday, September 26, 2009

DC Day 4

We decided to wake up early since there is soo much to see and do! The weather was suppose to get pretty rainy and stormy but we hoped for the best and brought our umbrella just in case. It is so nice having the Metro soo close to our hotel!
Our first stop today was at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. We got there early so we decided instead of waiting in line:

We decided to walk around and try to entertain ourselves:

Luckily we only had about 15 minutes or so to kill!

Inside Air & Space we had so much fun! Most of the exhibits are geared towards kids so we got to act like kids all over again :)

Looks like I've gained weight here in DC!
Skylab Orbital Workshop:

Too tempting:


Skylab 4 Command Module:

The 1903 Wright Flyer:

The Spirit of St Louis:

Sputnik 1:


We got to see so many cool things! I definitely cant wait to take Will back when he is older!

The Library of Congress was doing a National Book Festival and it was so packed! It was raining and cold but these people were dedicated! There were book signings and activities and overall it looked pretty cool. I happened to get a free bag which was pretty awesome!


The weather was getting pretty miserable:

On our way to our next museum, Mike saw these tour buses and wanted me to take his picture in front of them. Because they said Silver Fox on them Mike was pretending to be a silver fox.
Ha ha the best part is I kept saying the camera wasn't working, or the pic was blurry so he stood here for like 5 min in his fox pose. It was awesome! People were laughing and I have a bunch of pics of him looking like a dork! Too funny :)


I loved looking through all the gems:

I'll take that one right there:

Mike had a rumblely tummy:

I love this guy!




Mike is horribly afraid of snakes:


Seriously love this guy!
We had so much fun in the Natural History Museum! I love that Mike can act like a little kid and make things so memorable. Although the museum was packed, he didn't care and just had fun!

We decided to head back to the International Spy Museum but this time we actually got to see the museum. It was so crazy to see everything and realize there are spy's everywhere! What amazed me the most is that the technology they used 50 years ago seemed pretty amazing so I can only imagine what they use now!

Our favorite part was getting to crawl through duct work and act like spy's. They even had a noise sensor so you had to do it just like a spy would, it was awesome!

Then we went to Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot on
April 14, 1865.
The theater was closed for rehearsal so we didn't get to see the actual theater but we went through the museum below and learned a lot about the night of the shooting.

After Lincoln was shoot, they moved him across the street to The Peterson House where Lincoln died the next morning:

This was around the back of the house:

Way neat! I love all the old buildings here and the history behind them.

We finished up our day eating at one of my favs:
Seriously who doesn't love their twisted mac and cheese!

Today was so busy and so tiring. There is so much to see and it is hard to split your time up so you can see everything. We are walking our little hineys off and are loving every minute of exploring a new city. Lets hope the weather is better tomorrow :)

0 comments: