Monday, September 14, 2009

A Beary Special Bath

When I was pregnant with Will, I made a trip out to see my sister Aimee and her kids while they were living in Ohio. While I was there we took the kids to build a bear and made a special bear for baby Will. The kids LOVE build a bear and it was so fun to see them get excited and really into choosing the right bear for Will.

As part of the build a bear process you get to put a heart in the bear and make a special wish. We got extra lucky and each of the kids got to pick a heart and put in Will's bear. I am pretty sure that the 3 hearts MUST have given Will just the extra help he needed for his first few months!

Making their wishes:

Cleaning up Mr. Bear:
It is crazy to me to think that Will was born only a month and a half later! And now even crazier to think that Will is now 17 months old! Will is always getting into trouble these days and decided Mr. Bear needed to take a swim in Bella's water bowl! What a silly kid :) So I grabbed Mr. Bear and took him to the laundry room to take a bath. Well being the rule follower that I am, I read the label and was shocked at how the care label instructed me to clean him!

~Place Mr. Bear in a freezer bag and freeze for 24 hours.
Wait did I really just FREEZE Mr. Bear? Yep I did!



Okay so I thought it was just too funny not to share with everyone! I had never heard of freezing a stuffed animal before washing it but hey when your a Mom you learn all sorts of crazy things!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I never would have thought to freeze it. I love this story about picking out a bear for Will and making wishes. So cute Jamie!