Saturday, February 21, 2009

C.P.S.

The other day Will was being very "helpful" while I tried to do the laundry and get it all folded and put away. Let me explain that I am a little O.C.D. with a few things in life and laundry is definitely one of those things. I was going crazy with Will crawling all over and messing it all up and had to get him distracted from what I was doing. I guess the laundry basket is a toy too right? I was laughing so hard because he was having so much fun and it made me realize that the laundry could wait. So I loaded the basket up with toys (and Will) and played with him for the rest of the day, and didn't touch the laundry again for 2 days!

Not a day goes by that I don't stop and realize how lucky I am to have Will here to play with. I guess its the blessings through the trials that make us remember how lucky we are to have each other. Will getting sick definitely made me stronger and taught me to appreciate all that goes into being his Mommy. Even when things are a bit rough (oh yeah he cut 2 more teeth in one week) I still am filled with such gratitude to have Will here.

And PS please don't call Child Protective Services on me! I swear Will loves it :)

4 comments:

SherRon said...

Your such a good Mom enjoy all these fun little days pretty soon he'll be turning 16 like Dakota will in 3 weeks. I can't believe how big Will is getting.

Shannon said...

Jamie, I love how you remember what's important. It gets so hard with life and you forget your kids won't be little forever! And i promise I won't call Child Services on you!! :)

Alisha said...

How fun! Kids can turn anything into a toy. I can't wait til I get to play with my little ones someday:)

luke and kourt said...

Your such a good Mom to Will and good example of strength to me...Will looks like a little boy in those pics...he's growin up. :)