Friday, August 19, 2011

Fun Times in Idaho Falls

Since I am desperately trying to get caught up on blogging I have decided to continue posting current updates as well as working on catching up July and August so hopefully this can help me stay current :). 

We just got home from a few fun days in Idaho Falls and had so much fun with the Thompson's as usual.  It was also a great way to break in the new Jeep! 

{Tuesday August 16}
 My Mom was still in town so she helped me clean my entire house and pack while Mike met with some clients in the morning.  It was so much help!!!  There is nothing better than coming home to a clean house so thanks a bunch Mom!  On the drive to IF Will INSISTED on bringing my laptop with his new Thomas game and was quick to put on the headphones while Emmie cried at first.  It was too cute!

We had a relaxing evening cooking dinner and just hanging out while the kids played.  Will LOVES playing with Jess, Nat, and Ty and I LOVE having 3 babysitters to entertain Will!  We headed to bed early so we could get some rest before we headed to the lake.

{Wednesday August 17}
Aimee and Justin purchased a gorgeous new boat last year and we have been so anxious to come and play with them.  We headed to Blacktail and were surprised at how empty the lake was! 

Aimee wake boarding:
Nat:
Baby Emmie's first time boating!
Jess & Emmie:
Ty:
Will & Daddy:
I was so excited to have the chance to learn how to wake board!!!!
Will was pretty worried ;)
YAY I DID IT!!!
I even crossed the wake:


But couldn't get back in!
This little Mama of two needs to get her butt in shape so she can do some more!
Jess was such a big help with Emmie:
The two trouble makers :)
Emmie was such a good girl the whole day and we were so relieved she did so well!
We finally convinced Will to tube with us and he was so brave!  Uncle Justin went pretty slow and Will loved it!  We slowly increased the speed and Will did great!  I think I was more nervous than he was ;).
After a long day of boating Ty and Will relaxed by watching Jurassic Park.  Will got scared and Ty was such a cutie and held him on his lap:
So cute!

{Thursday August 18}
We hadn't really planned anything for today but decided last minute to head to The Riot Zone in Rigby to let the kids drive go karts.  The whole drive down Mike and Uncle Justin were convincing Will he was 4 years old so he could drive his own car.  I think the poor kid is so confused now!  When Aimee and I got there Will was in line with the big kids so he must have got it right.........

He was so excited!
I was super nervous he wouldn't listen to the instructions but he totally surprised me and did great!  He waited until the attendant gave him the go ahead and everything! 


Ty & Will racing:
Go Will Go!
He is such a big kid :)
Then of course he couldn't pass up the bouncy houses:
We ended our day roasting marshmallows in Aimee and Justin's gorgeous new fire pit and it was the perfect way to end our quick trip to Idaho Falls.
We had such a fun time and were so glad  we could make it up to go boating.  Will has so much fun playing with the big kids and I love all the extra help and spending time with my sister.  Both Will and Emmie were so good and traveled great the whole time!  Thanks so much Aimee and Justin for having us, we love you guys!!!

0 comments: