Little Will had is last swim class today and I am amazed at how much his class has helped him get comfy in the water. He was really clingy before and now he kicks and splashes around and doesn't mind getting dunked. Our teacher (her name is Maui, perfect huh?) was so good with us and pushed us to do more advanced things. We even did a free float where I slowly pulled Will through the water and then let him go and glide under water, it was awesome! Will gets to graduate to the next level next summer and I cant wait!
Will even got a cute little certificate showing what he learned and that he 'passed'. This is what my little guy learned and did:
Level 1~Minnow 1
- Getting wet with toys
- Getting wet kicking
- Enter water by lifting in
- Enter water by walking in
- Out-of-water exploration
- In-water exploration
- Exit water by lifting out
- Exit water by walking out
- Blowing bubbles on the surface
- Underwater exploration
- Submerging mouth, nose, and eyes
- Front float
- Front glide
- Back float
- Back glide
- Roll from front to back
- Roll from back to front
- Passing; instructor to parent
- Leg action on front
- Leg action on back
Daddy skipped the morning of work and got to swim with Will for his last class. The boys had soo much fun!
'Hey smiley guy! Way to go! Class has been so much fun with you here! Make sure you keep working on your back floats and getting comfortable! You do so good with your kicks! I am so glad I had the opportunity to have you in my class! Awesome job Will!'
1 comments:
Michol.....that morning at work was not missed! Although, that nagging feeling of..did I schedule an appointment may? I'm glad you got to enjoy that moment!
Post a Comment