Okay so here it goes for a crazy week recap (feel free to skim and skip I mainly just trying to keep everything recorded for myself)!
*On Thursday December 18th I took Will back into see our good friend Dr Allred (our pediatrician) because I had this crazy feeling Will was getting sick again. Let me back up by saying that Will seemed completely over his ear infection and pink eye but did however develop new symptoms of a cough and weird breathing at night. It started back on Tuesday but didn’t seem like much until Wednesday night I started to get worried. I take Will in and everything looks fine. Lungs are clear, ears good, and O2 intake normal. Humm that’s kinda weird. Oh well I guess I deserve one free Over-Reactive Mommy-Pass this year! So I take Will home and go about my day. *That night Mike and I have our final ward activity to complete before getting released from the glorious Activity Committee, Hallelujah!! Were done ☺
*That night we get zero sleep because Will’s breathing is really being weird again. He seemed to be getting enough oxygen but it just didn’t seem right.
*So on Friday December 19th I call my brother in law Dr Thompson bright and early and explain all the symptoms and concerns. Little do I know he isn’t even listening to me because he can hear Will through the phone and can already tell his is sick! Half asleep, Justin says that it sounds exactly like Croup and to take him in. Props to Justin! All that med school must have paid off if he can diagnose in his sleep! So I take him back in and yep, its croup. Apparently I should have described is symptoms as a seal like bark when he coughs and wheezy when he breathes. Add that to my mental note of symptom explanations! Anyway, we got him some meds and he seems much better. He still has a lingering cough but nothing much to worry about (or so I think at the moment).
*Saturday we pack up and head for Idaho Falls. On the way we stopped at my good friend from high school Genessa’s house in Pocatello and had such a good time catching up with her! Her little boy Bridger is a month older than Will but Will seemed like a tank next to him! It was awesome to compare and just have fun chatting about mommy hood. I love it, we are two crazy moms doing and buying things we swore we never would!
*Then we headed to my sisters house in Idaho Falls and played with the kids and relaxed. My Mom called us to tell us that my Grandma Fullmer wasn’t doing too good and that we should head right over to my Uncle Lances house. My Grandma got really sick a few weeks earlier (around the first week of Dec) and so they decided to move my Grandma in with my Aunt and Uncle until she could get feeling better. Then on Wednesday the 17th she got really sick and a million tests later they found out she had Liver Cancer that was really progressed and a bunch of other things that were sick in her body. They sent Grandma home with no treatment and pain meds and didn’t project how long she would make it. Things were going down hill fast and I was not prepared to see my Grandma sick. When we got there it was so crazy to experience the whole situation. My Grandma didn’t look like Grandma and was really out of it. It was crazy and horrible. She kept talking to someone not visible to us and kept saying, “I think I’ll just go now”. At least she wasn’t in much pain. By far the hardest part was watching my Mom. But Grandma decided to hang on and fight. She always was one stubborn woman!
*Sunday December 21st we headed up to Targhee to go skiing for our 4-year anniversary. I know can you believe it? 4 years already! My sister Aimee was gracious enough to watch Will for us (Grandma Bev was going to but needed to spend time with Great Grandma now) and so we stayed over night in the lodge and went on a sleigh ride dinner. It was fun but I got sick at dinner and couldn’t wait to get back. The trip was good but I was always thinking we were forgetting something and kept looking in the back seat for Will. I missed him sooo much! Lame I know, its only one night but I just wanted to snuggle and kiss him.
*Monday December 22 we drove back to Idaho Falls and were relieved to find Will happy and content back at Aimee’s. I think she had plenty of help watching Will with Jess, Nat, and Ty entertaining him. Will did amazing though and even slept through the night for my sister. What a good boy!! Mike and I headed to my parents to shovel their driveway and sidewalks off and it turned into a 2-hour project! The snowstorms in Idaho were soo crazy the whole time we were there! My mom called us in a panic and said they needed help immediately with Grandma Fullmer so we headed to my Uncle’s house. We helped move Grandma and said our final good byes and headed back to Aimee’s. On the way back to Aimee’s house we got stuck in the snow so we put the trailblazer in 4 low and got out just fine. But one problem, the trailblazer got stuck in 4 low. Ahhgg I hate that car! We headed to the airport to pick up my sister Amanda and tried everything to get the trailblazer out of 4 low. But to no avail! So we headed back to Aimee’s and had a relaxing evening just being together and playing games.
*Tuesday December 23rd we got up early and Mike took the Trailblazer in to get looked at. We got it back later to but they kept trying to say it was the transfer case that was blown (like 2-3 grand to fix) so they just ended up getting it out of 2 low and telling us not to put it in 4 wheel drive for fear of it slipping back into 2 low. Annoying but we figured it was worth driving back to SLC so we can have the dealership here look at it. We then helped Aimee get ready for our 1st annual Family Christmas Party. Brandi came with the kids and we had a lot of fun being together as a family. We had dinner, exchanged gifts, played a white elephant game, and the kiddos put on costumes and acted out the Christmas Story while Aunt Amanda read it. It was soo cute. Will slept through most of the evening though and was greatly missed as playing baby Jesus.
*Early Wednesday December 24th, Grandma Fullmer passed away. She finally found peace and decided to move on. She will be greatly missed here on earth but we find comfort in knowing where she is. We then decided to stay and spend Christmas in Idaho Falls so we didn’t have to drive back up for the funeral Saturday. In the evening we tracked Santa online and hurried to get everyone in bed. Natalie yelled at us a few times to get to bed because Santa was coming!!
*Thursday December 25th, Christmas! It was so fun to be with the kids and watch them open presents and see the pure happiness of the day. It was awesome. Santa even found Will at Thompson’s house this year! Grandpa and Grandma B came over and we had breakfast and relaxed. Then we spent some time at my parent’s house but it was pure chaos with Amanda, Brandi, and the kids there. Needless to say we didn’t stay too long. Mike headed out for half of our time there to help my dad unload some fuel so he enjoyed the breather. It was still fun though to be with family and have everyone together. When we got back to Aimee’s house we watched movies and then both Mike and I got really sick. We both had upset tummies and felt really nauseous. Yuck not fun!
*Friday December 26th we packed up and headed up to Teton Valley for Grandma Fullmer’s viewing. The roads were pretty good and we didn’t have much trouble not being able to go in 4-wheel drive. We all decided to stay the night in a hotel (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa B footing the bill) and it was soo much easier for everyone.
*Saturday December 27th we got up and spent the day at my Grandma’s funeral, burial, and luncheon. It was a rough day. Grandma was such an amazing lady and I am going to miss her soo much. It was so amazing all the people’s lives she has touched. She is the most sincere, caring, loving, genuine person I have and will ever know. We then headed home and had a long drive from Teton Valley back home. Especially not being able to go in 4-wheel drive. Malad sucked. It was scary. But we made it home!
*Few that’s a lot of stuff to write about. If you made it through I am impressed!
5 years ago
4 comments:
Sounds like you need a rest. I hope you are all feeling better. We missed you on the 29th but I understand why you didn't come. We'll plan to get together soon.
I'm sorry about your grandma. That' rough, but we all know that you'll see her again. Will is getting so big and I absolutely love the fohawk!
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma! I hope your family is doing well. I have to catch up with you one of these time though :)
Take Care, Jodi
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. It sounds like you guys had a pretty good Christmas other than that. Let me know when you are coming to IF again so we can get together.
Post a Comment