Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Busy Body

We have been so busy the last couple of weeks and I kept meaning to update my blog but it just hasn't happened yet! So here we go!

1. Nov 21 we visited one of our favorite nurses Sarah up at LDS Hospital and they were all shocked at how big Will is! No one would believe he was a preemie let alone got so sick :) It was so fun and brought back lots of memories. We were so jealous of the new NICU though. Every baby now has a private room with enough room for mom to sleep in too and the private rooms are seriously half the size of the old NICU where Will was crammed in with 8-12 babies. Not fair!

2. Ash and I went to another Jazz game on Nov 26 but had to watch our man Korver on the bench with a hurt wrist. He does look pretty amazing in a suit though! Then when I got home we had our scary guy situation, icky.

3. I cut bangs and hate them. I feel 12 again. I cant wait for them to grow out.

4. This year we spent Thanksgiving with Mike's family. I love traditional Thanksgivings! We got to open our Christmas presents early from Whitni since she will be on the mish for Christmas. She made me the most amazing purse that I love!!! She is so talented. She also made Mike a beanie and knitted something special for everyone in the fam. Soo fun!

5. Whitni had her farewell on Nov 30th and she did so amazing! She said she was nervous but gave the most amazing talk ever. We had soo much fun with family after and played werewolves again. I love that game!

6. Mikes Dad treated us kids to a fun night of Sushi for Whitni's last family dinner Monday night. I do have to say I am FINALLY coming around to Sushi (three cheers for Mike), Takashi is amazing!

7. On Dec 3 we took Whitni to the MTC in Provo. Its official Hermana Scott is in the building people! It was so fun to watch Whitni start this next step in her life and she is going to be the most amazing missionary ever. We will miss her but cant wait for her to experience the next year and a half. She can already pray in Spanish and can almost bear her testimony too and she hasn't even been in the MTC for a week! Amazing huh?

8. That same night Mike and I went with Ashley and Clark to another Jazz game. Have I mentioned we LOVE our Jazz? Despite the fact that we lost and half the team is benched because of injuries, we had so much fun! It was such a good game and we even got free Jazz beanies that are super cute. Yay, go jazz go!

9. Thursday the 4th we took a last minute family trip up to Park City and stayed a night at the Stein Erickson Lodge. It was sooo nice and the perfect little getaway. Oops though, I forgot to take pics until I was driving away! Thanks honey it was perfect!

10. Friday December 5th our house was bombarded by the Thompson fam and my parents for the weekend. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I absolutely love having my family come down and we had a very busy weekend together. We started out by driving to Heber and riding on the Polar Express that evening. It was so fun to watch the kids react to everything. We got to drive the the North Pole, have a visit from Santa, munch on cookies and hot cocoa, and sing Christmas carols. It was the perfect way to really get in the Christmas spirit. Will was a handful though and didn't want to sit down so we had to stand at the back of the train and hold him for most of the trip.

11. Saturday we headed to Gardner Village and enjoyed the sunny and warm weather while we wandered around. My sister Brandi and the kids joined us and it was crazy with all the kiddos running around! It was fun :) The kids got candy canes from Santa and Mrs Claus and a special gift from Grandpa and Grandma. Then we relaxed at my house for a while before heading to dinner at The Garden before strolling through Temple Square to look at the lights. Luckily it wasn't too cold and everyone was bundled up pretty good. We then walked across the street and headed up to Mike's office for hot cocoa and an amazing view of downtown. His office is on the 23rd floor and has the best views of downtown,Temple Square, and the Capital. It was a perfect way to end the day!

12. In the middle of the night Will started acting really weird and wouldn't sleep and wouldn't stop being fussy. Naturally I freaked out and all the emotions of Will getting sick again attacked. Luckily I have a really calm hubby and we were lucky enough to have Dr Thompson in the guest bedroom and realized he was just getting sick with a really bad cold. I guess its the combination of his flu shot Friday, teething (oh yeah he got is first tooth a few weeks ago!), Mike and family being sick, being in the cold, and having his schedule all mixed up that I guess it was bound to happen. Luckily he is acting much more normal despite the added sore throat and cough, along with boogie eyes now too. Welcome to winter mommies!

13. Sunday we slacked and just spent time being together. Mike was good and went to church to teach his lesson and I was good and went to my scout meeting but other than that we didn't do much. The kids were cute and wanted to help Mike make dinner (he makes the best chicken marsala ever) and the rest of us just took turns with Will. Thank goodness for family :) Then sadly everyone had to leave except for Grandma. Thanks guys for such a fun time!

14. Monday Dec 8th my Mom was kind enough to watch Will all day despite him still being sick. I headed back to my old work for the day and helped Ashley out at her store for the big semi-annual sale. It was soo much fun and her store did amazing! It was fun to see old customers that happened to come in from my store and see old bosses and everything. I did miss my little guy soo much and it really helped confirm that I did the right thing to stay home and be a mommy. I love him soo much! Thanks again Grandma for being so brave! Will had a blast!

15. Early Tuesday morning Grandma took off for home to take Great Grandma to the hospital. Great Grandma (my grandma) is really struggling since the passing of Great Grandpa (right before Will came) and we just pray she will be comforted and not in pain. We love her soo much and hate to see her sick.

16. Tuesday afternoon I had my first Den Meeting with the Wolves. I can already tell we have our hands full but the boys are so much fun! To sum it up they are 8 year old boys, and all that it encompasses, but I can tell its going to be a lot of fun. I have a lot of ideas already and cant wait to put some of my talents to good use. Yay, finally a calling I am excited for!

17. Finally today I just got back from taking Will to the Doctor to check out whats going on with him. I found out he has pink eye and the start of an ear infection. Yikes! I was glad I decided to take him in before it got bad. Our Doctor was out of the office so we ended up going to another one that we had seen in the PICU, she was so impressed with how big Will is. She also said that after all Will has been through this was a walk in the park :) Yay, at least we caught it early so its less painful for little Will.

That pretty much sums it up! I told you we have been busy! If you made it through all of this your amazing, we love you, and enjoy the pics!

5 comments:

luke and kourt said...

Your bangs are cute, your silly! You are a busy woman! Fun times though!

Shannon said...

You have been busy!! Your family looks so much alike. Your sis and you could be twins. I love being busy especially during the holiday season. Hope to see you guys soon again!

Genessa said...

Wow! I would say busy. So I was planning on coming your way tomorrow but I decided to stay and go to my husband's work party with him. So we will have to catch up when you are here again.
It is killing me though I really want to see this little man. He looks like he has caught up to Bridger. Bridger did not gain much weight after 6 months only like 5 oz. He just grows up.
Well I sure hope that we can catch up with each other sometime. Love all the pics of the family. Your mom looks AMAZING!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

You really have been busy! But when it is mostly family busy, that's the best kind!

Alisha said...

You have been busy! Lots of fun things going on this time of the year. Hope Little Will gets feeling better. We have been lucky to not get sick (knock on wood), yet, despite the fact I am around 27 runny nosed kids all day:)