Thursday, December 01, 2011

A Windy Day

Last night we experienced a major wind storm here in Davis County.  I had been watching the weather and saw we were high alert but when we were awoken this morning around 3am I was shocked at how intense the wind was.  I honestly have never experienced wind that strong.  Around 530 things really picked up and we lost power and then things started getting really crazy.  Most of our neighbors roofs started getting ripped off and shingles were blowing everywhere.  We had neighbors basketball hoops fall on cars, garage doors buckle, sheds moved, fences blown down etc.  On the way to Will's preschool I  saw huge trees uprooted, homes damaged by toppled over trees, business signs demolished, trampolines on houses and on and on.  It was crazy to actually be seeing with my own eyes.  The wind was registered at over 100 mph and I believe was classified as tornado strength winds.  We are definitely counting our blessings that our home was safe through the storm.  It was interesting because just last week I took apart our trampoline and put it in the shed, Mike fixed and secured some places on our roof Monday, at 3am Mike pulled his car in before there was any damage to his car, and the absolute only damage we received was our fence blew apart.  We are so very grateful for the safety our home provided for us!  So crazy!

Will surveying the fence damage

Miss Char's huge tree down

Keeping Em warm until the power gets back on!

This pic just made me laugh as I went to check on Will tonight :)

0 comments: