I was so excited to have a birth story photographer this time with baby Emmie so we could really capture the experience of meeting our sweet baby girl!
{our birth story}
{our room}
{ready for baby emmie}
We arrived at the hospital around 5:30pm on May 30, 2011. After observing me for just over an hour my water broke around 6:45pm so we were definitely staying and meeting our sweet baby girl soon! I immediately got my epidural since I have literally felt like I was in labor since Saturday night.
Labor went really well and my body progressed through labor on its own and I chose not to have pitosin since things were going so well. Around 1:30am this morning I started to have some not so fun things start to happen though, I started to feel my contractions again! Yikes!!!! And since they were every few minutes I was in some serious pain fast and could completely move both my legs and feel everything on the left side of my body and most everything on the right side. So after pushing the little button a zillion times with absolutely no relief my nurse paged the anesthesiologist to have him check things out.
He gave my an extra bolus and said things should ease up in 10-15 minutes.........but they didn't!!!! So my nurse seeing I was in some obvious pain :), paged him again. He checked everything and couldn't explain why I was still feeling things. Thinking maybe my epidural had migrated to one side he pulled it out a little, gave me another bolus, but since I was almost dilated to a 10 and pushing was right around the corner there was not much else he could really do. Super fun right?!!
I was crying super hard and had the shakes the whole last hour of my delivery. It was pretty rough and I honestly give props to the women that give birth 100%, you ladies rock!!!
I decided to invite Whitni to be there with us and was amazed how well she did through out the whole process :). She stayed super calm and it was so nice to have her share in our special experience.
My doctor (Alyson Servoss) was not the doctor on call but had been monitoring my labor the whole time. She instructed the hospital to page her when I was ready to push but somehow the on call doctor got paged instead. My doctor had literally been waking up every 2 hours to check my progress and when she woke up at 2:30am and saw they paged the other doctor she was pretty upset (how awesome is it that she really cared about me?!). She called the hospital and they asked if she wanted them to wait for her but I was so close to pushing she said no way (thank goodness for me!).
{dr jennifer holmes md)
Thank goodness the on call doctor was nice this time!
{feeling labor}
{meet dara}
Dara was my labor and delivery nurse with Will and it was so perfect to have her again, she is awesome!!!
{last big push}
{meet emilie olivia}
{daddy cut the cord}
{one proud daddy}
{a little O2 for our girl}
{all checked out and ready to meet mom}
{we love you baby emmie}
We had such a special experience welcoming our sweet baby Emmie into our family. Although the last little bit of my labor was pretty rough I was so relieved things went well with no complications. I wish the pics were more glamorous........but then that wouldn't be reality of how things really happened :). I was really panicked Emmie was going to stop breathing especially when she needed a little oxygen but everything was much different this go around. It was such a different experience for us to be able to keep baby Emmie with us and not have her rushed off to the NICU. We just couldn't be any happier to have baby Emmie here and healthy!
5 comments:
What an amazing experience. Thanks for making me cry at work. :) So glad she is here safe and sound.
What a beautiful birth story to go along with you beautiful baby girl! She is as sweet as ever ♥
Those are great pictures. I need to post mine. I was lucky enough to have Tyra here to document mine, and she was the lucky one to cut the cord! You have a beautiful little girl, and you are going to have so much fun with her!
WOW! I love it. What a perfect precious moment. So happy for you guys. Glad she is here perfect and beautiful!
I am sorry you had to "feel" your labor - it is a different labor experience when you "plan" to have no epidural. when you plan to have no pain and have it, it is sad -Sorry for you - your an awesome mom!!
Post a Comment