Sunday, February 13, 2011

NYC Day 3 {sunday}

We were able to sleep in a little bit this morning and still catch an early ferry to The Statue of Liberty.  Our hotel is just minutes walking distance away so it was nice not to have to plan time to get there early.  It was a little overcast but luckily didn't rain on us!






I have always imagined The Statue of Liberty as being lot bigger.  Compared to most of the huge building in NYC, Lady Liberty is kinda small.  On our way up to the platform we walked through a museum where they have actual size replicas of the parts of the statue and it helps put her actual size into perspective.

Actual size of her face:
My husband is such a nut :)

Originally I was kinda bummed that I am pregnant and not allowed to climb all the stairs to the top of the crown.  But after climbing just what we had to climb to get to the platform and seeing all the stairs above us to get to the crown I was pretty okay with not be allowed up, it was a pretty good climb!



Next we got back on the ferry and headed to Ellis Island:


Okay totally surprising but I LOVED Ellis Island!  I was so intrigued by the immigration process and couldn't help but be drawn to the stories of women bringing there kids over alone, most of the time not even speaking English.  I can seriously not imagine what that would have been like!  Glad my ancestors did all the hard work for me :).


On the ferry ride back Mike was laughing so hard at this guy taking a hundred pictures and videos of the birds so Mike in return took some pictures of the guy :)

We did a quick walk through of The Battery or also called Castle Garden (I think :) where my ancestors would have actually immigrated through.  There wasn't much there but it was still fun to walk through. 

Did I mention our hotel is AMAZING!!!

I heart my handsome hubby :)

We grabbed a cab and had an early dinner at Jane in Greenwich Village.  I was in heaven at this place!  The atmosphere was so cool and I loved the whole Greenwich area. 

Times Square at night before the show:

We had a guy take our picture by The Lion King marquee:
As you can tell he did an awesome job :)

Our favorite part of the show was the 'Nala's Juice' drink that we each got like 3 of :) 

The show was amazing but long and next time we will definitely go see something else.


After the show we people watched and had a great time just relaxing and spending time together in Times Square.  It is so amazing to be here with my wonderful hubby.  Such a perfect getaway :)

This next picture sums up why I love my cute hubby so much:
He can always make me laugh and makes life so much fun!  I am one lucky girl!

1 comments:

the heiner family said...

Seriously, how fun!!!! When am I going to grow up and go on a trip like this?