Friday, February 11, 2011

NYC Day 1 {friday}

For weeks now I have been anticipating New York and getting so excited!  I can't believe the vacation has finally arrived!  I was a little nervous (okay super sad and nervous) to leave Will this morning but we finally made it out the door and to the airport. 


Getting ready to leave:

Just before take off:


Our flight was good and I read the whole time while Mike slept, so we both started out our vacations doing what we love :).  We grabbed a cab at the airport and by the time we made it to our hotel I was super car sick from the ride into the city.  The cab drivers are insane here and the stinky cab made for interesting combination.  But we made it!  We are staying at The Ritz-Carlton in Battery Park (the Financial District) and its absolutely amazing.  I am definitely letting Mike plan more vacations! 

We even have a view of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island from our room:

We got settled in our hotel and then decided to head out for dinner and check out the area where we are staying. 

Across the street from our hotel, Statue of Liberty on the left, Ellis Island on the right:

Seriously LOVE it here already!
Since it started to get dark we didn't take any pics but we did manage to see a ton just in our immediate surroundings.  The financial district was super busy during quitting time and I was amazed at how many people were hurrying about.  On our way to find dinner we stopped in to check out St Paul's Chapel and Trinity Church.  Both of which were a great way to start the trip.  It is so sad how fast we have forgotten 9/11 and it was crazy to see the memorials and small exhibits and the Trinity Church.  It was very moving.  It is definitely crazy to be staying right where it all happened and think back to what it must have been like. 

  For dinner we found an awesome Pizza place for dinner and enjoyed our yummy sodas!

I know Will is super happy with Gammy Stacy, Papa Brent, and Aunt Whitni but I am definitely missing my baby boy!  Its weird how much I can need some 'me' time and then how almost immediately I wish Will was with me.  I know it will get easier though and I am comforted knowing Will is having fun and probably not missing us at all :).

0 comments: