I wasn't too surprised when I woke up bright and early thanks to my normal daily routine with Will :). Even with the time difference I was ready to go all too early and of course ended up having to drag Mike out of bed since I was going crazy!
Our view is so gorgeous here at the hotel and it was so perfect to wake up to!
We started out the day by hopping on the Subway and venturing deeper into the city:
It was so crazy to come out of the metro and be right in the middle of Times Square, so awesome!
YUMMY the Hershey's Store!!!
I am pretty sure we overpaid for the M&M's though ;)
Forever 21 has an awesome camera that films the current street and then shows it on there big jumbo tron. We are on the bottom left side, second group of people back, ha ha so funny!
We grabbed Starbucks and spent a lot of time walking around and just checking things out. It is so amazing! Times Square was definitely all I hoped it would be.
Next we headed to The Empire State Building
And thanks to my friend Carrie we made sure to hit H&M on our way :)
The Empire State Building
We were amazed that there was absolutely NO wait! Seriously coming during the cold weather is definitely proving to have its perks. As we headed up to the elevator Mike surprised me with his sudden fear of heights. It is funny because you put Mike on a mountain and he is totally fine, me not so much, but in a huge high building I am totally fine and Mike is completely scared out of his mind! Ha ha so funny!
On our way up floor 80...............
Mike was so scared! It was pretty funny :)
Completely AMAZING!
I then decided to force Mike even higher so we paid the extra money to go all the way to the top!
You cant really tell but the blue sign says Empire State Building, it's okay we are total tourists this trip :)
We then made a quick stop at the MOMA:
Where we realized we just really don't understand art :)
Then we made a very important stop at Magnolia Bakery:
Delicious and utterly ADORABLE! And of course I had to pick up a cute shirt for me and Emmie :)
Radio City Music Hall
St Patrick's Cathedral
We couldn't really get a good pic but it was so amazing!
Rockefeller Center:
We then did a really cool Art & Architecture tour of the whole Rockefeller area and buildings. It was very interesting and we were able to learn a lot about the art that you would otherwise not notice. It was fun to hear the history and stories behind the buildings and why they were designed and decorated a certain way.
Next we headed to Grand Central Station
We made our way to Little Italy where we ate at a fantastic little restaurant called Angelo's
Mike was in heaven! It was a 'life changing' dinner experience for him and made me laugh at how much he loved it :). I think Mike was just so in love with the Italian atmosphere and that helped make his food even more delicious! It was pretty yummy though and a great way to spend a romantic little evening :).After dinner we walked around Little Italy and then did some shopping in Chinatown.
And finished up with a yummy dessert back at the Ritz:
0 comments:
Post a Comment