This year was so great because I got to spend the morning in Idaho Falls with my wonderful Mom! Being the selfless person that she is, she let ME sleep in and took care of Will so I could get an extra hour or so of sleep. Man oh man, best gift to me ever Mom! I really do have the best Mom ever. She is the most giving person on the planet, loves her kids and grand kids more than anything else, and is always there for you when things are tough. I remember when Will got sick the first time, she rushed right down to SLC without any questions. I got horribly sick because of all the stress and anxiety and pretty much threw up my guts for a whole day while my Mom did nothing but take care of me. She knows me all to well and didn't try to talk to me or touch me she just spent her day rotating out my icky garbage of throw up. That is a TRUE Mom for ya! I love her so much and I am so lucky she is my Mom.
Flowers from The Mahoney's:
Today was also a wonderful reminder of how thankful I am to be Will's Mommy. I have grown so much becoming a Mom over the past 2 years and cant imagine my life without Will. Experiencing everything we did with Will in the first few months changed the person I am and I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn those lessons. I can honestly say not a day goes by when I don't kneel and pray and give my thanks for having such a strong and healthy little boy. Even on the hard days I remember how lucky I am to have Will here (even if he has been throwing toys at me or hitting me all day)!
I am also so lucky to have an amazing husband who works so hard so I can stay home with Will. When I was little and people would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up I would always copy what everyone else said because deep down I knew I just wanted to be a Mom but I felt like that answer was never good enough. In some ways I still feel like the world views stay at home moms in a somewhat less than everyone else. But I am so fortunate to be able to be apart of Will's daily life. There is nothing more rewarding than watching him learn something new or simply just being able to play with him all day. It is the most fulfilling job I have ever had.


1 comments:
Such cute pics!
Post a Comment