We have been so excited for the long awaited vaca to Disneyland and we can't believe its finally here! I have decided that traveling with kids is so much different than traveling without them though :). Those of you that have traveled with me know what an efficient and "non-girl" packer I am when it comes to luggage and carry on bags. Usually for a 6 day trip I can make everything I need fit in on carry on piece of luggage and small bag and still have plenty of room for the things I purchase on vacation. Ha ha well things are much different when traveling with Will!
This is how I managed to do:

Okay it looks like more than it really is! There are 3 bags (1 for each of us), playpen, and a car seat, all of which are checked luggage. Then we have a stroller, Will's back pack, and Mike's laptop bag, all of which are carry on items. Man that's a lot of stuff!
In the SLC airport @7:30 am :


1st time on an airplane!


We took advantage of Will still being under 2 and didn't buy him a seat. We were seriously hoping there would be and empty seat but there wasn't. But he did really good, I was so relieved!
On the shuttle from LAX to Disneyland:

Disneyland!!!!

First thing Will spots is the Disneyland Train:


Do you think this kid likes trains?!

We spent a little bit of time walking around Disneyland but poor little Will was exhausted from the flight and shuttle:

Will NEVER falls asleep anywhere but his crib so we knew he had to pretty tired! We are staying at
The Disneyland Hotel so we walked back and let him continue his nap in his stroller back at the hotel. It worked out perfectly! I can tell already that staying so close is going to be so worth it.
After a good nap for all of us :) we took the Mono Rail from Downtown Disney into the park:

And took will on his first ride Autopia.
Waiting in line:


Hold on Will!



Ha ha he was pretty unsure of the whole thing in the beginning but by the end of the ride LOVED it!
Then we decided to take the Disneyland Train around the park:



Will was in heaven! I am pretty sure that most of our vacation is going to be spent riding, watching, or waving to the trains in the park :)
At the Castle looking at the ducks with Daddy:



Mike taught Will how to do the cutest quack, its pretty darn cute!
And finally the whole family arrives!

(-Amanda & Ben)
We had such a great first day and cant wait for the rest of the week. We are so excited to watch Will on more rides and see him experience Disneyland for the first time. He is already having so much fun and has been such a good boy!
2 comments:
How fun! Can you believe we haven't gone to Disneyland since Whit was 6 months old?! Thats almost 8 years...and as long as it has been since we(you and me) have hung out! Too long!
So awesome! I wish I was in Disney Land right now! Glad your having fun!
Post a Comment