Sunday, June 07, 2009

This time more play :)

Since I don't nearly visit my fam enough Will and I decided to make a trip home again this next week. This time we hope to PLAY more than we WORK!

My best friend Ashely will be working in one of the newly acquired IB&B stores (now Malys.....err whatever their name is now) so it gave me the perfect excuse to come home and entertain her with the happening hot spots around Idaho Falls. It is kinda funny that Malys/Loreal has been working on acquiring IB&B for years and the year I quit they get it! It doesn't change my decision to stay home, it only makes me a little sad at times. All you Mommy's out there know what I am talking about. You go from being super successful business woman~to taking a week to finish the laundry. But it is by far the BEST WEEK EVER! No joke. Never in my entire life have I went to bed so tired but so ultimately fulfilled. I am so lucky that Mike works hard and supports our family so I can stay home. Thanks babe!

Since we didn't really get a summer last year, aside from hospital stays and being pent up inside with PICC lines, I have been extremely anxious this year for summer! Oh how I LOVE to be outside! Thankfully our little Will seems to love it too and SCREAMS when we come back inside. Yesterday we tried out the new bike trailer we got Will for his birthday (thanks Ash and Heather :) and had soo much fun. We hadn't been out on the new Legacy Parkway trails yet and can already tell we are going to love it. It is soo close to our house and perfect to bike on. Even for being out of shape we managed to do 10 miles, woot woo! It was a blast :)

We also decided to give Daddy his Fathers Day present early and he was so surprised! He has been wanting it forever and I was so sneaky at keeping it a surprise for him. Its a pack that also doubles as a child carrier and it is AMAZING! It has a lot of different adjustments so both Mike and I can use it and I was shocked at how comfortable it is with Will's not so little 26 lbs in it. Super comfy.

Did I mention how much we LOVE summer?

3 comments:

luke and kourt said...

That pack looks fun! Lucky Ash to have you to hang out with up there...I was so bored at night! Have fun!

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Awesome pack! He might outgrow that quicker than you think...Will is growing up so fast. Way to go on the 10 miles! Two or three would do it for me. Miss you guys! And I don't know if you have mentioned that you LOVE summer!