Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Will's First Day of Preschool

Today was such an exciting day for our little Will and I just cant believe he is big enough to be going to school already!  Will has been excited for months now about starting school and after orientation last week he was so ready. I enrolled Will in Oak Glen Preschool ran by 'Miss Char' and I am so excited to have Will in her preschool. I really like how she runs her preschool more like a Montessori and think Will is going to have a great year!  Plus Will thinks its pretty cool we get to drive up in the mountains by the temple for school.  We even got to see a deer at orientation!

Trying to get Will to cooperate for the traditional first day of school pics: 


Finally :)
On the drive up Will was just so excited and wouldn't put his 'pack pack' (aka backpack :) down!
As soon as we get in the drop off line we unbuckle and wait our turn:
At about this point Will was getting a little apprehensive:
But as soon as it was his turn and he saw Miss Char he jumped right out and ran to 'hold the rope' just like he was supposed to!
And a final little wave :)
Oh man it was so cute!  I wasn't expecting to tear up at all but as I drove down the hill I was seriously at the verge :).  He is such a good kid and always keeps me laughing and I am so lucky to be his Mommy.  It seems weird that he is old enough to be in school and it was definitely weird to spend a couple hours alone at home with just Emmie.  I couldn't stop thinking about him and hoping things were going well. 

When it was time to pick Will up it was seriously so adorable seeing all the little kids lined up and 'holding the rope'.  They are seriously so tiny!  As soon as Will saw us in line he got so excited to see us and it seriously melted my heart!  You can't really see but in the pic he is telling all his friends his Mom's here and waving at us:
On the drive home Emmie was super angry and screaming the whole time so Will wasn't too interested in trying to talk over her to tell me about his day.  We had a snack and I kept asking him about his day and he kept ignoring me and would only reply that he rode a bike at school.  Ha ha so funny!  So I sat down to nurse Emmie and he climbed on the ottoman and in about 5 minutes completely crashed!

He was so tired from his first day of school and it was pretty cute to see him all tuckered out from such a hard days work!  When he woke up he was in a much more talkative mood and told me more about school and how much fun he had.  I am so proud of my little guy!

2 comments:

the heiner family said...

I am in love with your kids! I cannot wait to meet thme next month!!!

Genessa said...

So stinkin cute! It was fun to see you guys when you stopped by. I am glad that Will loves school, it is so good for them.